Friday 21 November 2014

November is almost over...

It's been too long, my friend... Where has the time gone?

...I was so looking forward to spending my November days on the beach, splashing in the waves and taking countless photos of the cliffs and the cheeky seagulls...

The days I planned were pushed further and further back, and I have become less and less relaxed. That isn't to say that I haven't enjoyed it. I've enjoyed it immensely. Not having to stress over when an assignment is due, or whether I've replied to an important e-mail, or even restarted the server today... I love this new found freedom. But I've overdone it! I've been too excited, spent too many nights reading, or writing, or drawing... December will be better...
Or maybe it won't... I keep forgetting we threw Christmas in there somewhere. What a grand idea that was. The masses of noisy tourists, and the parties, and the drunk drag racing up and down the roads around us make me dread Christmas more than a trip to the dentist. I love spending time with family, but when it's hot (as it usually is around Christmas in Australia) I'd like to go for a swim without having to worry about dogs not being on their leads, or people leaving their broken beer bottles on the sand for some unsuspecting person, such as myself, to stumble upon.
This isn't a rant... Or maybe it is... But it doesn't feel like one... This is just me expressing my frustrations about Christmas... Okay, maybe it actually is definitely a rant. But I come in peace.

...And that's what it all comes back to. I am striving for peace. Peace in my mind, in my body... I don't want to be frustrated by these silly things. I want to get out, take photos, splash in the sparkling waters before the tourists arrive for the Summer... I want to enjoy my new found freedom, and enjoy it the way I hoped I would enjoy it. Immensely. So that's what I'm going to do. ...Oh, and I'm going to update my blog more frequently, too... Hehe.

Well, that's it for today, my friend. Thank you for understanding my frustration, and allowing me to express it even if that's not what my blog is generally for.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I hope to see you again soon. Maybe next time over fruit cake, and a lovely cup of spiced tea...

Until then... Lots of love, from this beautiful place...




No comments:

Post a Comment